Copyright © Lone Duck Family Campground. All rights reserved.
Lone Duck Campground
Family camping at the foot of pikes peak
pikes peak - where the duck lives!
The photo above is Pikes Peak, with Garden of the Gods in the foreground. Yes, it really does look like that around here. Our campground is in some of the most beautiful country around, yet outside the city lights where you can build a campfire, see wildlife and explore in a safe environment!
- Rockhound ATV Guided Tours
- Lone Duck is surrounded by Pike National Forest.
- The weather is usually sunny in the summer, with highs in the upper 70′s to low 80′s. Cool nights. Here are the current conditions.
- Colorado Springs is the nearest metropolitan area to the Duck.
- Tourism contributes a large portion of Colorado’s economy - for a reason!
- Gambling is legal in Cripple Creek, Black Hawk, and Central City. Cripple Creek is a 45 minute drive from the Duck.
- There is some outstanding fishing in the state. Stocked and Gold Medal waters are nearby — of course we have our own pond as well! So whether you’re somebody like the boy in this picture or seasoned at fly fishing, you can have a great time!
While there are many fun things to keep you and your party occupied at Lone Duck, the Pike’s Peak region of Colorado is known world-wide for its beautiful scenery and wonders of nature. We are 25 minutes from downtown Colorado Springs and 35 minutes from the airport. Below is a small sample of nearby attractions.
- Garden of the Gods Park (15 minutes from the Duck) - This world-famous rock formation and park sits at the base of the foothills of Pike’s Peak. Free to enter.
- Pikes Peak Highway (1 minute) - Drive to the top of Pikes Peak! Beautiful views. Pike’s Peak Hill Climb race every year!
- Pike’s Peak Cog Railway (10 minutes) - Goes from about 7000 feet to the top of Pike’s Peak. There are awesome views of Colorado Springs below.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (20 minutes) - Very nice zoo.
- Santa’s Workshop (3 minutes) - Amusement park, right down the hill from the Campground.
- Cave of the Winds (10 minutes) - World-famous cave tours.
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings (10 minutes) - Very interesting ancient cliff dwelling site and well-done museum.
Also nearby are the US Air Force Academy (35 min), World-class river rafting on the Arkansas (50 min) and the historic Colorado mining district where gambling is allowed (40 min). Plus too many more attractions to list here!